- 450g salmon fillets, divided
- 35g soft white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 3/4 teaspoons Spice Lounge Baharat Blend (Middle Eastern spice mix), divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- cracked black pepper to taste
Prep: 15min › Cook: 15min › Ready in: 30min
- Place 1/2 of the salmon, breadcrumbs, egg white, spring onion, roasted red pepper, parsley, 1 1/2 teaspoons baharat and salt in a food processor; blend until combined.
- Transfer blended mixture to a bowl. Chop remaining salmon into 1cm pieces and add to the bowl. Mix well until soft. Shape into four salmon cakes.
- Preheat grill. Arrange salmon cakes on a foil-lined baking tray.
- Grill salmon cakes on top rack, turning once, until cooked through, 14 to 18 minutes.
- For the aioli; Mix mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest and remaining 1/4 teaspoon 0f Spice Lounge Baharat seasoning in a small bowl.
- Garnish salmon cakes with black pepper and serve with aioli.