- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- One pot of Spice Lounge Vindaloo Blend
- 900g diced beef
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 250ml water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander (optional)
Prep: 20min › Cook: 1hr 10min › Extra time: 8hr marinating › Ready in: 9hr 30min
- Whisk the vinegar, , yogurt and the Spice Lounge Vindaloo blend together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the beef cubes until evenly coated.
- Cover the bowl with cling film; marinate in the fridge overnight (or at least 30 minutes).
- Heat the vegetable oil or Low fat spray in a large pot over medium heat.
- Cook and stir the onions in the hot oil until they soften, and begin turning golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the diced beef; cook, stirring frequently until the meat is no longer pink on the outside, about 10 minutes more.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the water and bring to a simmer. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; cook until the beef is tender, about 40 minutes.
- And finally sprinkle with fresh coriander to serve, Simply amazing !
The key to enhancing the flavour is marinating overnight, if possible, and allowing the curry to rest after it’s cooked, before being served.