An easy, delicious curry that can be on the table in less than 30 minutes, this Easy Chicken Rogan Josh is perfect for all round curry lovers
Recipe Type Curry, Main Course
Cuisine British, Indian
Prep Time 5 – 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30-35 minutes
Serves 4 people
Calories 375 kcal
- One pot of Spice Lounge Rogan Josh Blend
- Low calorie cooking spary
- 1 white onion sliced
- 800 g chicken breast chopped into bitesize pieces
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 4 medium plum tomatoes quartered (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons of coriander leaves chopped, plus extra for garnish
- Plain or pilau rice to serve or Pilau Cauliflower Rice
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a wide, deep saucepan and add the sliced onion. Cover with a lid and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes until the onions have softened but are not brown.
- Add the Spice Lounge Rogan Josh Blend, Stir and fry uncovered on a low heat for 2 more minutes – add a splash of water if it starts to get dry.
- Add in the chopped chicken and stir to coat the chicken in the spices. Continue frying for a couple of minutes to allow the chicken to brown slightly.
- Add in the tinned tomatoes and salt. Stir and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and turn the heat down low.
- Cook for 10 minutes then remove the lid and cook for a further 10 minutes, until the sauce is thick and the chicken is cooked.
- Just before serving the curry, add the quartered plum tomatoes and coriander leaves to the curry and stir.
- Serve scattered with more coriander leaves and with some rice and a beer or a glass wine.
Nutrition information is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
Easy Chicken Rogan Josh
Amount Per Serving
Calories 372Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13g20%
Saturated Fat 2g10%
Total Carbohydrates 17g6%
Dietary Fiber 5g20%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.