- 225g butter, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 600ml water, divided
- 175g tomato puree
- One pot of Spice Lounge Berbere seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 80ml sweet white wine.
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
Prep: 10min › Cook: 1hr 27min › Ready in: 1hr 37min
- Heat 1/2 of the butter in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook and stir onion until translucent, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add 120ml water and tomato puree; stir until hot, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining butter, berbere, garlic and ginger.
- Adjust heat to low and cook until mixture thickens to paste consistency, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir remaining water into berbere paste; add chicken. Simmer until thickened to sauce consistency, about 45 minutes.
- Stir white wine, and black pepper into the sauce; add hard-boiled eggs. Cook until sauce is reduced slightly, about 15 minutes more.
Berbere is very spicy; reduce the amount in the recipe to taste if you prefer a mild dish